Wednesday, April 4, 2012

eBay Shopping

Ebay Front
rmfphoto.net/


So I have previously talked about my love of thrift shopping.  But with the surge of pretty much everything being online, I wanted to also share my "online thrift shop"....eBay!  Sometimes eBay gets a bad wrap because of those bad apples that post "fakes" or other bad quality items...but if you look and do a little due diligence...you can really find some great things. 

I know I know...it sounds a bit odd, but it is a filled with really great items for...usually...a great price!  What is even better is you can narrow down and refine your search for quicker browsing.  You can search for something as broad as "blue pencil skirt" and use the buttons on the left hand size to narrow down the size(s) so what comes up is only that in which you are interested in.  You could be as vague as just searching for "pencil skirt" and use the filters on the left to only include certain color(s), size(s), etc.

I usually recommend to put several sizes because sometimes people list things a certain way and some brands can run smaller or larger.  I am usually a size 2, but I usually include 0,2,4, S, XS...and because I am on the shorter size, I will include petite sizes in my search as well.  Other than that, some of the same tips for thrift shopping apply to eBay shopping.  You absolutely need patience-I would recommend checking back at least two times a week.  People are posting to eBay all the time, so what you are looking for will eventually become available.

To protect yourself, PLEASE pay close attention to a seller's rating.  It sounds common-sense, but I have seen more often than not, people not paying attention to that.  

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

bits of style | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012