Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Funday at the Farmers Market

So I have been spending most of my time in Florida lately (the only good thing that has come from being unemployed) as this is where my boyfriend lives during the winter months.  This particular Sunday, I wanted to be productive and made my way to the local Farmers market....and I was very pleasantly surprised!  It was such a beautiful day here that I could not have picked a better Sunday Funday for me! :)  Just look at that bright blue sky...






I really like to cook and love finding new and interesting spices to make marinades, dressing, etc. Check these unique blends! Cant wait to try them! And how can you leave a Farmers Market without some fresh local produce...and so cheap too! mmmmm...can't wait to make some homemade guacamole with those Avocados! 


One of my favorite condiments is honey....I love it in tea, to use to make glazes, to caramelize, etc. But I am kind of a snob, because ever since I tried raw honey, store bought honey....just tastes...well...store bought!  But, in my honey snobiness, I also have come to love raw honeycomb!  Beware how sweet it is though...and how addicting it is! I really love to spread on a green granny smith apple and the tart of the apple really compliments the sweetness of the honeycomb.  Great snacking!!! 



Looking forward to my next visit to the Farmers Market! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

 

bits of style | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012