Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Beauty Picks



I told a little lie...I had said in a previous post that I only splurge on shoes...well, I also splurge on some beauty...mostly foundations and powders.  My go-to make-up brands are:
  • Make-up Forever
  • Chanel
  • Bobbi Brown
  • Benefit
Here are some of the staples that live in my make-up bag and some of the items I might recommend:

CONCEALER

I rarely go anywhere without it and I am really loving the Chanel concealer:

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Concealer-CORRECTEUR-PERFECTION-88663

However, I also really like the Bobbi Brown concealer, especially that this has a setting powder, which is great for oily skin.



MASCARA

I admittedly have an obsession with mascara and finding the perfect mascara.  I have landed on a few that really love (for the time being at least..lol) One is even an over the counter brand that I actually have been very loyal to for awhile.

Maybelline is a great OTC mascara brand!
Chanel Le Volume:

Benefit They're Real!





FOUNDATION:

This is my recommendation for a foundation if you tend to be oily.  I use this foundation especially in the summer and then put a few dabs of powder over it.  It is a very matte foundation and can appear a bit dry during winter months.  So during winter months I will mix the foundation with my moisturizer and then dab some powder over it!

Make-up Forever
POWDER

Powder along with concealer I cannot live with out. Again, I have a few that I go between

Make-up Forever HD Powder.  This is loose, sheer powder that I use for setting when I know I don't need any additional color...good when I mix my foundation with my moisturizer to then set and matte a bit.


Chanel Double Perfection Powder.  I like this powder because it actually has enough pigment to use as a foundation.  You can wet your brush, dip into the powder and it becomes a great foundation,but then you can use for touch-up throughout the day with the included sponge in the compact.




Below is Chanel's newest launch called Les Beiges.  It is a sheer, finely milled compact powder that has a hint of color.  It is supposed to give a subtle (not sparkly) glow.  I was given a sample and I really liked it and am now contemplating pulling the trigger and purchasing it.





Hope this helps! :)





2 comments:

  1. Really loved those tips, I think I'll try the Bobbi Brown concealer, I'm seeking for the perfect one for a while.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will really love it!!! I use my fingers, eventhough I know it is probably recommended to use a concealer brush! Good Luck!!! :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

 

bits of style | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012